Monday, September 2, 2013

A Fruitful Day

I think I might be turning into my mother. My son invited a friend over and I found myself cleaning the house to impress both the boy and his parents. That is just plain weird. I am pretty sure an 11 year old boy does not care if my knitting is sitting on the couch or if my laundry isn't all upstairs in the closets yet. Or at least I choose to believe this. (I base this on my own 11 year old who could probably go without showering for a week or two and not be terribly troubled by this.) And I guess if his parents don't like my messy garage, I am fairly certain they won't tell me to my face. I do live in Western Michigan, after all. I will just be fodder for their dining room table talk. So, let there be a big cheer out there for the moms who don't have an immaculate house. (like me)

With some additional time off, I managed to finish the right front, so here is the front of the oatmeal cardigan, side by side. I think I am going to add some shaping to the sleeve as opposed to just a straight sleeve since my lower arms are kind of skinny and I think it will look funny to be all floppy.

Between knitting, laundry, helping out at my mom's garage sale, baking peach pie and picking tomatoes, it was a pretty fruitful day. I guess I better get out there and get some beans picked.


No comments:

Post a Comment