Sunday, September 1, 2013

All Righty Then



I had a supplier visit scheduled and we decided it would be a car trip (whoo hoo!). Car trips ALWAYS mean knitting, because it is more likely than not that someone in the car wants to be the driver, at least more than I do. Our destination (drum roll please) was Pardeeville, Wisconsin. Have you heard of it? Or have you been there? It is a little town outside of Madison, which I am sure you have heard of, population of about 2100, give or take a few. It takes us about 5 1/2 hours to get there, so plenty of knit time. I packed my oatmeal cardigan and away we went.

Only one slight issue on the way there, when we stopped at the oasis (rest stop) in Chicago, I dropped my row counter and I could not figure out for the life of me where it went. I searched the floor and around the ground outside the minivan, but it was nowhere to be seen. So, I just grabbed a pen and proceeded to use the old fashioned hash marks. They work, just not as convenient. Interestingly enough, at the next stop, it was discovered in the back seat. Phew, very happy. While on the trip I managed to finish the left side and a good portion of the right side. I spent a lot of time noodling on the sleeves. The pattern has you sew the shoulder seams and then pick up the sleeve stitches and knit from there. I find it kind of inconvenient to have a whole sweater connected to the sleeve when I am knitting, so not sure if I will do them separately and then sew them in? I am not super fond of sewing either, so it is a bit of a dilemma.

No comments:

Post a Comment