Saturday, September 21, 2013

Autumn Thoughts

The weather has cooled off, hitting the 40s in the nights and high 60s during the day, which means that fall is under way and winter isn't far behind. The leaves are just starting to turn colors, but we have a couple of weeks before the true beauty is shared with us. For some strange reason, when the weather turns cooler like this, my thoughts always turn to knitting. I do knit in the summer, don't get me wrong, but I love to snuggle up on my recliner and knit when it gets cold. It also seems like I am more inspired to get my UFOs finished as well for some reason.

While I finished the oatmeal cardigan last week, it really wasn't done done until today when all ends were weaved. Although, to the purists, it isn't blocked yet, so I guess you could say yet another step exists, but for my purposes, it is finished.

It is not a WOW I love it sweater, but I think it makes a cute accessory. I should know better than to make a boxy sweater. If I made it again, I would have made it longer, maybe hip length and used something like a hook and eye shawl clasp to hold it together. There are some cute ones on Etsy.

Onto the next project. I think this will be one of my own designs, so watch for it soon.

2 comments: