Sunday, July 20, 2014

What Was I Thinking??

I was flipping thru my Summer 2014 Interweave Knits and I came across my next project (Squeal!!!) I am in love, love, love with the Prow Pullover by Angela Hahn. Frankly, I am a little a lot confused at the title of this sweater. According to my friends at Wikipedia, the prow is the part of a boat that cuts thru the water. Hmmm....well, I will probably just give it my own name in my Ravelry file. After doing a bunch of searching, I could not get my hands on the yarn that the pattern was made in, Skacel Schulana in merino and cotton. I did, however, find a yarn I liked on Jimmy Bean's, so now I wait for it to arrive.

In the meantime, I figured it might make sense to get some closure....on some unfinished projects. So, I dug thru my UFO box and lo and behold, I discovered the Beach House Pullover. All that is left to do is the sleeves and collar and then assembly. After about 15 minutes of trying to figure out where I left off on sleeve #1 (and I admit, a bit of tinking), I got back in the cable rhythm.

As I was knitting, I was reflecting on the sweater and wondering to myself, why did I stop working on this sweater, so close to completion? Granted, this is definitely not a travel sweater, but I didn't think that would be enough to make me stop on a project. I continued on my merry way, knitting in the round (because I hate to sew) when all of a sudden, one of my double pointed needles slipped thru the couch cushions and onto the floor with a clank. Ahhhh, now I remember why I stopped. I absolutely hate those aluminum dps. With a Passion. Capital P. I scampered off the couch and crouched down to get the offending needle out from amidst the dust bunnies. George was disgruntled that I woke him up. I guess the next time I am at the store, I better pick up some bamboo dps.


No comments:

Post a Comment